Software Development Engineer
London, United Kingdom
As a Technical Project Manager based in our London office, you will be working with a cross-functional and distributed team of Scala Developers and DevOps Engineers who are well versed in Agile delivery and are practitioners of TDD, BDD, and Pair Programming.
We are looking for someone with a high level of technical knowledge to complement the complex subject domain that our teams are currently working on. We operate a hybrid delivery framework using principles from Agile and SCRUM and provide our TPM's with the freedom to define that delivery method based on the team and service they are working. This means it is essential to quickly gain an understanding of the domain to be able to support the team from both an architectural and a delivery perspective.
Reporting into the Senior TPM, you will be working with a large, cross-functional development team. You will have the opportunity to improve and refine our process around delivery whilst ensuring the highest level of code quality.
• Motivate, empower and drive the project team forward, optimising productivity and encouraging accountability.
• Mentoring and assisting in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work, leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work.
• Play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process and tools, whilst coaching members of the team as needed to optimise the efficiency of the overall project team.
• Foster cross-team coordination, including requirements discovery and change control, identify, maintain and visualize metrics to guide the project lifecycle.
• In situations that require a hybrid agile approach, use good judgement and experience to develop and promote any process improvement initiatives that are suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
• Management of, and reporting to stakeholders.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong project management skills including risk mitigation, stakeholder management and status reporting, time management and delivering projects on time. Excellent leadership and facilitation ability.
• Supportive role in creation of user stories, requirements gathering and validation.
• Demonstrable experience of Agile/SCRUM methodologies and frameworks with enterprise-level application development projects.
• The ability to hold technical conversations and absorb technical information. Past experience as a Technical Project Manager, or in a similar Tech facing role would be highly beneficial.
• Demonstrable experience of managing complex, full-lifecycle software development projects in an Agile framework (SDLC).
• Experience working with teams of Software Developers (preferably JVM - Scala, Java, Clojure) who adopt modern DevOps practices and a good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Ability to provide leadership to business analysts, collaborate with customers, and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
• The confidence and ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong ability to lead, coach and motivate a team.
• Experience using JIRA Confluence, and GitHub.
• An understanding of AWS or other cloud computing technologies would be beneficial.
The interview process:
The process is fairly straightforward and has 3 main stages.
It begins with an initial and very informal introduction call with our Internal Recruiter. From there if we both agree there's a good match, you'll have a fact-finding/fairly technical conversation with two members of the London team. If they both agree to progress, this will be followed by two shorter sessions with two members of the wider organisation across each session. We pride ourselves on offering a fairly informal but most importantly transparent interview process, so even though it is challenging, it should be interesting and insightful.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site