Director, Catalog Development & Marketing
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Social Media Specialist (Temp)
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Social Media team at HipHopDX. a division of WEA which is a subsidiary of Warner Music Group.
For over 20 Years HipHopDX has been telling stories about Hip Hop Music Culture through all mediums, the written word (hiphopdx.com), social media (@hiphopdx) and video (youtube.com/hiphopdx). With our recent move to be part of the Warner family (but still independent) we are taking the next steps of our growth. We are looking for some great storytellers and people to help support those storytellers (editors, coders, marketers etc...). Through our combined properties, we reach over 3 million Hip Hop fans each month and growing. Come join the journey and be part of the team!
A little bit about our team:
Through incredible storytelling, HipHopDX is connecting fan communities to the artists they love. We are doing this on the web through hiphopdx.com, our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok) and through video on YouTube. Our Social Media department is growing quickly, and you will be reporting to the Social Media Manager, while working alongside others in the social media team. You will also coordinate with our Editorial and Video teams to develop and produce cross-platform content for Social.
Why this could be your next big break:
You have the opportunity to develop and grow with this department, while building our channels and telling Hip Hop stories in new and ever-changing environments. You will develop strategies and assist other departments in presenting their stories in new mediums. You are being empowered to be creative while engaging audiences in meaningful conversations that move Hip Hop Music Culture forward.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content, optimized for each of our present and future social channels.
• Post and schedule content across multiple social media platforms.
• Build a creative and engaging social media calendar.
• Interact and engage with our audience and respond to inquiries.
• Optimize and analyze posts for engagement
• Provide ideas for the website and social media promotions to maximize our brand's visibility online, with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have an extensive knowledge of today's Hip Hop Music Culture and an interest in learning about its different generations and their contributions to the music of today.
• Have an awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online.
• You have the ability to keep up to date with social media trends and platform changes to create relevant and timely content.
• Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have strong attention to detail.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Have an understanding for content scheduling and metric-tracking programs (TweetDeck, Later, Facebook Creator Studio, etc.)
• Have a light working knowledge of popular photo and video applications including Photoshop/ImageReady/Final Cut/iMovie/Premiere Pro.
• Skilled in general office software, including: Email, Calendar, Word Processes and Spreadsheets (preferably G Suite), Microsoft Office (Outlook, Calendar, Word and Excel).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• High School Diploma required
• College Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of professional social media experience
• Music industry experience; other related experience considered
• Music /entertainment-related internships or experience
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.