Principal, Creative Development, Advanced Research
New York, NY
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
A design and drafting engineer's role is largely based in documentation, organization, system design and communication.As the keepers of all technical system build databases and diagram archives, a strong aptitude for visual and technical design as well as file and data management is a requirement.Additionally, collaboration and communication with other teams plays a signification role in the efficient execution of new facility builds as well as day to day troubleshooting.Engineers have the opportunity to bring fresh ideas to workflows and departmental design approach.
• Information gathering for design builds
• Design document generation (CAD, Visio, Microsoft Office, large scale prints)
• Digital file organization and archiving (includes cloud based repositories)
• Troubleshooting and archive retrieval
• Distributing information to collaborating teams
• Familiarization of company structure and protocols and training
• Performs comfortably within Windows OS (Windows 10) environment
• Is familiar with AutoCAD / BricsCAD, Microsoft Visio / Lucidchart, Microsoft Office Suite
• 2+ years of work experience in broadcast or datacenter environment including integration and troubleshooting experience
• Education minimum: Trade school certification in Broadcast, Audio/Video, or CAD Engineering
• Knowledge of on-air production environment systems and protocols
• Technical and cabling system design and documentation experience
• Has a fundamental understanding of data network topology
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site