Senior Accounting Manager
Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA US
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for a Joint Ventures and Participations Manager position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division to support three UMG labels, Island Records, Def Jam Records (Island and Def Jam collectively referred to as IDJ) and Interscope Records (IGA). The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of participation accounting and month-end close experience, must possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will support the Executive Director in the joint venture/profit participation (JVA) statements cycle.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Manage the JVA statement cycle to ensure statements are completed, reviewed, issued to outside parties and payable amounts paid within the contractual deadlines. This includes managing and scheduling the statement preparation process by the outsourced/BPO staff in Mumbai and coordinating timely review by CAS managers, labels Finance and Legal staff
• Review JVA statements and supporting schedules to ensure statement is prepared in accordance with contractual terms of the deal and within the due dates specified in the contract
• Review & reconcile subledger balances and GL activity flowing through to the deal statement; and review general ledger adjustments proposed by BPO staff
• Ensure the accuracy of the financial statements as it relates to activity pertaining to JVA contracts, including proper accruals during month-end close
• Detailed contract review to extract pertinent information required for proper statement set up to ensure accurate preparation and accounting to outside partners and labels’ financial statements
• Serve as key contact with outside parties for JVA related inquiries
• Assist in preparing and/or providing information required for JVA audits
• Provide support to IDJ/IGA finance team as necessary to assist with ad hoc deal analysis
• Maintain strong working inter-divisional relationships with members of the Accounting, Label, and Legal departments, as well as 3rd party statement recipients
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance a must, CPA preferred
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of participation accounting experience and broad general ledger/month end close experience
• Strong Excel & Word skills required
• Music or Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with SAP or similar general ledger applications
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer