Director, Games Event Management
Freelance Associate Producer – Digital Video, Olympic Games
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Associate Producer will be part of a team that manages a large volume of exclusive additional content NBC can access from Olympic events and venues including but not limited to behind the scenes footage, raw interviews, ''melts'', and specialty cameras .
• This person will help screen and evaluate feeds, noting and cataloging them as directed using a specific naming convention.
• This person will also identify and pitch story ideas to digital feature producers.
• Perform live selection of Behind the Scenes feeds via a ''Black Magic'' remote switcher.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Minimum three (3) years' experience in sports production
• Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
• Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Strong knowledge of Olympic sports as well as current sports landscape and historical knowledge of major sports
• Experience in Live sports production (e.g. Truck or control room)
• Experience with Avid, Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro editing system.
• Experience directing multicamera coverage of live sports and/or operating a ''Black Magic'' switcher
• Experience locating and cataloging footage in AVID Interplay environment
• Working knowledge of Photoshop photo editing program
• Proficiency at identifying best shots and soundbites
• Familiarity with basic computer tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet research
• General sense of Web content management systems
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
• Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, and ''go the extra mile'' under tight deadlines
• Ability to multitask and manage a variety of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
• Possess a high level of initiative
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site