Look Development Trainee
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Join us for an opportunity to experience the art of animation and be a part of Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Apprentice Program is an immersive experience available for emerging artists for up to a 12 month paid position. Under the guidance of a Disney mentor, the Talent Development Apprentice Program offers a unique opportunity to hone and understand skills, refine and strengthen key disciplines, and engage in a real-time production environment with mentorship support.
The Apprentice Program begins December 2020. Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations. The deadline for applications is October 25, 2020, 11:59 PM PST.
The Effects Trainee
Disney Effects artists create stunning visuals through collaboration with artists from all parts of the animation pipeline. Whether supporting production design through stylization or hyperrealism, they push the boundaries of what is possible. They are challenged to create the unexpected and to invoke an emotional impact in support of the creative vision.
As an Effects Trainee, the first four months of your program are structured to introduce you to the art of Effects animation, our studio culture, and our production environment. These initial months will showcase the skills and philosophies of our Effects department while providing you nurturing mentorship with a Disney artist. A four month review provides you with real-time feedback and determines future assignments and promotional opportunities that would bring your skills into real-time production environments.
To apply for this position, select ''Login'' to update your profile and Apply. If you do not have a profile with us, select ''Register'' to create a new profile and Apply with a resume, reel and shot breakdown (if applicable).
Am I Eligible To Apply? What We're Looking For:
• 18 years or older
• Emerging artists with less than 5 years experience in the Animation industry
• Recent graduates - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Technical proficiency inspired by art
• Strong communication skills with the ability to brainstorm and collaborate in a team setting to reimagine, prototype, or even fake an effect
• A strong understanding of animation fundamentals, design, and composition
• An understanding of how structural elements, physical dynamics, and natural forces inform effects animation
• Experience using commercial graphics packages including Houdini and/or Maya
• A working knowledge of Houdini and Linux is required
• A working knowledge of Maya is a plus
• Exposure to current techniques in rendering, shading, lighting, and compositing
• Exposure to scripting
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site