Senior Software Engineer
Los Gatos, CA
Billing & Revenue Infrastructure is at the core of recurring subscription at Netflix. Our highly available platform renews and invoices 192+ million Netflix subscribers around the world successfully, handling millions of transactions flowing through our services every day.
Our horizontally scalable and resilient infrastructure is also responsible for collection and reconciliation of payments and Revenue for Netflix. We heavily leverage our big data platform built on Spark and Scala.
As an engineer on the team, you will design and evolve architectures to handle our critical Tier-1 services built in Java that need to scale and be always available to ensure that Netflix is able to invoice and support complex Payments, Product and Finance with the goal of contributing towards higher revenue and cash collection for Netflix.
• 5+ years of hands on, software engineering experience in building business critical, scalable systems with 99.999+ availability.
• You are self-motivated and love making an impact.
• You can work independently without constant supervision.
• You have a successful track record of delivering results in complex cross-functional projects.
• You are curious about emerging technologies and can quickly evaluate and adapt as needed.
• You are driven by the desire to solve hard technical problems with the goal to automate and scale everything!
• You strongly believe in test driven development.
• You enjoy delivering innovative solutions with minimal guidance.
• You have a strong bias towards action.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Strong data structures and algorithms knowledge with server side expertise.
• Proficient in Java, Scala, or any other JVM language.
• Deep knowledge of concurrency, resilience and building low latency services in a distributed architecture.
• Expertise with solving large data challenges.
• Experience with NoSQL datastore such as Cassandra, DynamoDB.
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP).
• Expertise in building distributed applications that are secure, can scale and are highly available.
• Nice to have - Pub-Sub( Kafka) , Stream Processing(Spark/Flink etc.)
Netflix offers an exciting employee culture that enables freedom and responsibility. Learn more about us via the Netflix culture memo and jobs site.
Learn what have we done in the past?
Building Resilience in Production Migrations
Building financial Systems on Eventually consistent DBs
Billing Tech blog on Cloud migration
Netflix Tech blog
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site