Senior Software Engineer, Apple Platforms
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
ViacomCBS is looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering to drive native application development across Apple, Google and Amazon platforms for mobile and connected TV video based products. We believe you will be hands-on and ultimately responsible for the delivery of Paramount + International, a global streaming service containing content from across all of ViacomCBS, to several international markets. This is an incredible opportunity to lead a team working on a high profile product launch that is integral to the growth and future of ViacomCBS!
We believe this highly collaborative individual will play an end-to-end role from understanding the goals and roadmaps for the Paramount + International product as well as other engineering teams, through the design and architecture of any solution and the delivery and maintenance of those platforms once in place.
You will participate in the definition of product requirements being able to articulate how the engineering effort will align to those requirements and provide accurate estimates of the effort.
• Lead a team of highly skilled engineers.
• Promote a culture of accountability, openness, mentorship, and continuous learning with the team
• Drive the future of Apple and Google development for Paramount + International across mobile and CTV
• Represent coding standard methodologies through sharing your expertise, participating in code reviews, and mentoring engineers
• Work with the product team to understand and deliver on their requirements
• Participate in preparing business cases, requirements documents and product roadmaps for the iOS and Android platforms
• Lead, attend, and participate in meetings and multi-disciplinary committees as required
• Assist with the hiring process of the team and be a key voice on hiring decisions
• Experience following and implementing software design patterns
• Able to work with multiple scrum teams in an agile process
• Strong team management experience
• Experience with unit testing, test driven development, branching patterns and continuous integration / deployment
• Be an advocate for high quality software and excellent user experiences
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate conversations with business partners in project definition, business requirements definition and functional design sessions
• 10+ years of development experience and expert knowledge of either the iOS SDK and Objective C and Swift or the Android SDK and Java and Kotlin.
• Prior management experience with shown success at leading a development team (preferably distributed)
• Have shipped one or more apps
• Familiarity with RxSwift, RxJava or other reactive frameworks
• Experience working across multiple interdisciplinary teams
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site