Animation Character Designer
• Demonstrates strong conceptual ideas and visual creativity to form original characters.
• Explores and generates a large quantity of diverse ideas for film's characters. Exploration will include shape variation, degree of caricature and stylization, age, body type, etc.
• Creates pages of deeper development for a given character, including facial expressions, body gestures, poses, and attitudes that reflect the inner workings of the character.
• Designs costumes and may provide color styling for characters.
• Works closely with Modelers. Understands how 2D drawings inform 3D shapes, and is able to describe the transition from flat shapes to volumes both verbally and through supporting drawings.
• Communicates progress of work to production staff. Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Strong understanding of design principles.
• Solid understanding of 3D form.
• Proficient in Photoshop, knowledge of Maya and/or ZBrush a plus.
• Strong time management skills.
• Able to adapt to a broad range of styles from realistic to stylized.
• Ability to think and design from concept to finish independently.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site