Digital Platform Support Analyst
Sterling, VA US
Reporting to a Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in to monitoring and supporting Discovery’s Global Digital platforms and video feeds. Resources supporting this role are our Tier 1 behind-the-scenes operations support team expected to have a versatile skill set both technically and personally with the ability to stay focused and continually develop as an experienced and skilled technician. Analysts in this role will to have experience in leading difficult situations, staying calm, reacting quickly under pressure and being able to execute on the key responsibilities noted below.
Highlights of the role
The position is a shift-based role working as part of a unified “virtual” teams that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations Network Operations, Enterprise Platform Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a dynamic technology focused team capable of providing monitoring all Discovery linear and non-linear output as well as supporting IT infrastructure. The support operation also leads Discovery’s response to all incidents within our infrastructure.
Role responsibilities for the Digital Platform Support Operations Analyst, part of team located in either our London or Sterling, VA centers is Discovery’s primary line of defense in supporting Discovery’s platform infrastructure in 50 offices and productions centers globally.
The candidate will be expected to work shifts including weekends whilst regular night work is not required it should be expected that the post holder will need to work nights during certain events.
The team execute our IT Event, Incident and Request Management processes at Discovery ensure a culture of excellence and consistent service and supporting Discovery’s best in class platform infrastructure.
The centers are also the point of contact and owners for an IT Major Incident Incidents and as an Analyst are responsible for initiating IT Major Incident process and procedures in our Platform Infrastructure.
1. Monitor Discovery’s digital platforms and video streams in real-time
2. Responsible for coordinating technical support of all digital playout
3. Acts as primary point of contact for all reported digital playout issues.
4. Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
5. Severity 1, 2, and 3 outage notifications/updates/resolutions for digital
6. Working experience of AWS operations
7. Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to digital production and infrastructure
8. Perform & coordinate escalation resolution of incidents to Discovery’s vendors
9. Provide oversight to the Release Management process in monitoring and updating the status of releases
10. Partner with Digital staff to ensure success of daily Digital operations
11. Provide support for other Technology Operations duties
12. Provide a seamless and professional experience in supporting remote and regional business areas
16. Identify, adjust, and help establish new monitors and metrics needs
17. Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations requiring multiple streams of technical lead support
18. Uphold professional ticket management from the get-go for the benefit of the rest of the global support teams by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs comprehensively updated and then carefully manage routing to ensure resolution
19. Maintain on-going communication with customers, keeping them up-to-date with the progress of their tickets
20. Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required by working collaboratively across all leadership levels
21. Provide support to the Duty Operations Manager in the management of outages as needed, providing communications to small and large-scale user groups.
22. Be proactive and ensure constant follow up with involved technology teams to ensure resolution
23. Ability to embrace and support new technologies introduced first hand to Digital & IT
24. Experience with ITIL principals
25. Keep Knowledge Base(s) up-to-date
* 2+ years’ experience working in digital technical operations or media operations environment
* 2+ years’ experience of monitoring and supporting digital platforms
* Education – Preferred Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
* Working knowledge of ServiceNow MS Word, Excel or similar computer software systems.
* Working experience of cloud environments particularly AWS or Azure
* Must be able to work independently and prioritize workload to complete tasks in a timely manner
* Able to work without supervision, combining initiative with discretion
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a friendly disposition
* Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Flexibility to work early morning, evening, weekend, and overnight shift
* 1-2 years ServiceNow or similar Call Management application experience
* Understand and be able to work with monitoring systems and related technologies
* Must be able to independently research, troubleshoot, and resolve trouble tickets within established Service Level Agreements
* Ability to provide Total Call Ownership to include handling customers, escalating issues as appropriate and providing the necessary follow up before incidents are closed
* Ability to define & document support procedures as required
* Ability to maintain focus in a high-pressure environment. Should thrive in a fast-paced environment, being able to meet short deadlines.
* This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site