Simon & Schuster
London, EN GB
Do you live and breathe content? Are you passionate about UK content? Are you a publicity expert in the UK with local and international creative campaign experience and a strategic mind?
If so, we may have just the opportunity for you.
The Originals Series Publicity Manager will be based in London and will work as part of the UK Publicity team to formulate and implement campaigns for the growing slate of Netflix Originals promoted in the UK. The position will provide a critical link between international teams in promoting Originals series on the service. It's a chance to be part of changing the entertainment landscape across the globe and to seize the opportunity to take innovative approaches in managing and executing creative publicity campaigns.
The Publicity Manager will work across several different disciplines that bring Originals series to fruition here at Netflix. They will run their campaigns with autonomy, independently formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their stakeholders to do the same.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonizing and will be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment devoid of bureaucracy and layers. Read our culture memo to learn more about how we work at Netflix.
The day to day responsibilities will include:
• Partnering with both publicity and cross-functional partners including marketing and picture publicity (viscomm) across the company to build high-level title strategy, specifically as it pertains to UK productions content
• Both guiding and handling high-level conversations with showrunners and producers
• Formulating and implementing global campaign strategies for key UK production titles
The successful candidate will likely:
• Have proven experience in an entertainment PR setting - either agency, studio or TV network
• Have a deep knowledge of the UK entertainment industry and a wealth of experience working with UK creators, writers, producers and showrunners
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues
• Be a clear and concise communicator
• Have excellent media relationships and experience building and executing a PR strategy
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment while working well across disciplines to execute campaigns
• Have experience managing agencies and be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers