Principal Data Engineer
Denver, CO US
Entercom is looking for an innovative, results-oriented and passionate Tech Lead to work with our product and operations teams to build out our next-generation CMS platform for Radio.com. Radio.com is Entercom's customer-facing site, for breaking news and articles, and home to our 230+ physical and digital stations. The Tech Lead is responsible for working with the team to deliver high-quality code and experiences to both internal and external Radio.com users. The Tech Lead is responsible for setting the technical direction and working with product and business to validate, scope and prioritize work efforts. The ideal candidate is passionate about developing effective, high-quality, innovative, websites using modern technology, not afraid to lead the way and roll up your sleeves. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery.
• Be a technical leader, not afraid to speak up and help guide the business to the solution.
• Work with the engineering team, both internal and external to deliver services with high availability, low latency, and scalability in a microservices, event-driven architecture.
• Implement coding best practices and make decisions that benefit the current platform and will promote future growth of the application.
• Building affiliate integrations and reporting with 3rd Party networks
• Be a driving force for the Radio.com technical direction and roadmap
• Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions
• Develop a flexible architecture that allows for integration with external services, and promotes rapid and flexible growth and enhancements
• Architect, Prototype, and develop features for our CMS, Frontends to support Radio.com family of platforms..
• Mentor junior developers, including conducting code reviews and assisting in architecture planning
• Work with Product Team and Stakeholders to prioritize and scope projects.
• Build and maintain a positive and productive team culture
• Deliver high-quality maintainable code
• Help build the team
• Help drive the Agile Process, by running Iteration planning, Daily Standups, Backlog Grooming, and Retros.
• 5-7 years of engineering experience building high traffic websites/applications
• 3+ years of leading software teams by example.
• 3-4 years of experience with work with Node.js
• 3-4 years of experience working with Vue, Angular or other front end frameworks
• Experience with Integrating with Affiliate Networks and reporting on results.
• Experience building and maintaining Publishing/CMS/Admin Tools (Extra points for Clay CMS Experience)
• Have a passion for technology and a drive to think out of the box.
• Diverse experience with a broad range of technologies, affiliate marketing, multiple database technologies, SEO, Kubernetes, AWS, SQL (Query, table, db tuning).
• Deep understanding of RESTful API patterns
• Solid knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work across environments and juggle many large initiatives with tight timelines
• BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field preferred
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site