Full Time Job
Vice President, Current TV
- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
About The Brand
Paramount Television Studios is a leading studio, developing and financing a wide range of cutting-edge and entertaining television content across all media platforms for distribution worldwide. The studio's robust slate includes Tom Clancy's ''Jack Ryan'' (Amazon), ''13 Reasons Why'' (Netflix), ''Maniac'' (Netflix), ''Shooter'' (USA), ''Berlin Station'' (EPIX), ''The Alienist'' (TNT), ''The Haunting of Hill House'' (Netflix), ''Catch-22'' (Hulu), ''First Wives Club'' (Paramount Network), ''Looking for Alaska'' (Hulu), ''Briarpatch'' (USA), ''Boomerang'' (BET), ''Shantaram'' (Apple), ''Dream Team'' (BET), ''The Contender'' (EPIX) and ''Snow Crash'' (Amazon), among others. Paramount Television Studios is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a global content company with premier television, film and digital entertainment brands.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Vice President of Current that will report to Paramount Television Studios Head of Current, and will lead all aspects of both creative and administrative supervision of current PTVS series such as Jack Ryan for Amazon, and Haunting of Hill House for Netflix , along with supervision of all ongoing series!
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• The VP will be responsible to produce quality and creative shows, along with large budget shows.
• Lead notes on all written material, outlines, scripts, and production creative and be the primary contact with the network.
• Works with internal PTVS departments such as Business Affairs, Production, Post- Production, Legal Affairs, Marketing, PR and Casting, to execute the episodes and series at the premium level, and work through various issues through prep and production.
• Responsible, along with production, to produce the show within the budget and on time, by supervising the executive producers and the creative material to maintain quality and producibility.
• Develop and manage relationships with talent (writers, producers, directors, actors), identifying the creators and show runners of tomorrow and actively pursuing business with them.
• Partner with development executives on series launches, stunts, press, marketing and general programming needs.
• Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years experience
• Minimum 10 years in television/film/content management, and/or development
• Experience and working understanding of a variety of television formats, most importantly scripted hour and half hour, and work confidently with show runners
• Ability to present and lead discussions with C-Suite executives with sophisticated and highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to generate high-quality material in a fast paced, dynamic environment; manage multiple projects at once; and flexibly respond to rapidly changing priorities.
• Capacity to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends based on business need
• Strong development history and talent for identifying strong creative material with experience in the Entertainment Industry
• Creativity and curiosity
• Proficient Word and Excel skills
Company Paramount Pictures