Full Time Job
Radio Broadcast Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
This is a rare full-time engineering position at Entercom Memphis: WRVR 104.5 The River, WLFP 94.1 The Wolf, WMC-FM 99.7 FM100, WMFS 92.9 ESPN and WMC-AM ESPN 790.
• Maintain integrity of all on-air and on-line products, including FM, HD and AM transmissions, digital audio & audio streaming
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment
• Install broadcast equipment at studios, transmitter sites, in company vehicles, at remote broadcast locations, and at two-way sites in keeping with good engineering practice.
• Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telephone systems, satellite, STL, computers and data networks.
• Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems.
• Minimum two years of experience in broadcast facility maintenance, including hands-on support of FM radio transmitters and modern studio equipment at a radio station
• Four-year college or technical school and/or training, or equivalent combination of education & experience preferred
• Knowledge of FCC Rulers & Regulations
• Basic knowledge of computers and IT systems is a must, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Experience with modern digital audio systems including SAS, Wide Orbit, Vox Pro and Livewire is highly desirable
• SBE Certification is preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license and, if a personal vehicle is required, insurance
• Strong proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple-project environment
• Availability to work various hours / days, including some weekends and holidays
• Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure
• Personal vehicle is required for twenty-four hour response to emergencies
• Excellent customer service and communication skills are critical
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site