New York, NY
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Peacock, NBCUniversal's new video streaming service launching in 2020, is seeking a Senior Product Designer to evolve and elevate the experience of watching entertainment, live events, kids, news and sports content in and out of the home. As part of the product team you'll focus on user-centered design principles and a ''don't make me think'' understanding of usability to concept and create UX/UI solutions across TV platforms.
What You'll Do:
• Deliver production-ready UX designs in alignment with overarching business and UX goals
• Rapidly drive progress of existing work (experience designs, UX guides, information architecture, visual designs) to project completion
• Collaborate with larger UX team in ideation and concept explorations throughout projects lifecycles facilitating and driving UX solutions, discussions and planning while maintaining project oversight, until project completion
• Serve as a mentor and coach and contribute to the growing library of knowledge around User-Centered Design, through the products developed and best practice research
• Maintain a critical eye and an obsessive attention to detail.
• Degree in design, computer science, human factors or equivalent work experience
• Design professional with 8 or more years of relevant work experience
• Proven experience as design leader with ability to direct others through creative process
• Ability to clearly communicate design solutions to stakeholders.
• Understanding of interaction design principles
• Demonstrable fluency with Sketch, Figma, invision, abstract, framer.
• Excellent collaborative skills with critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities
• Ability to operate independently and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong portfolio of solid web, mobile and multi-media required
• Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
• Understanding of platforms like Roku, Fire TV, Samsung, Apple TV, X1, etc.
• Experience designing for accessibility and international audiences also a plus