Storyboard Artist - CG Preschool Series
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
In 2019, the Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalogue that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and enthusiastic person for the position of Rights Management Associate. Reporting to the Rights Management Manager in Glendale, this unique position will be part of a growing team which will ensure that our content meets all of our legal responsibilities to our partners and our guests. The Rights Management team is responsible for translating creative intent to legal decisions and ensuring that these decisions make it through a variety of workflow and processes, and eventually to Disney+ itself. This position will have a global focus on content for Special Projects, coordinating with a multitude of legal and clearances teams across TWDC globally, Disney+ Programing, Disney Studio Operations, Disney+ Marketing, as well as DTCI Sales & Technology.
The ideal candidate will possess top-notch written, communication and organizational skills, as well as ability to understand complexity and multiple moving parts at once and to explain them to different audiences. This role requires both legal and technical acumen – and the ability to communicate courteously and concisely with high-level stakeholders. They will also have experience and comfortability with navigating new systems and tools in order to get up and running on TWDC software quickly (RADAR, SONAR, JIRA, BACKSTAGE, Rightsline, Wonderland, Product Master, Smartsheets, Google Suite).
What does success look like?
In success, you will have enabled legal to supply rights-in information in an organized, timely way. Your accuracy and thoroughness will give all parties confidence in the information delivered. You will be a master of different TWDC systems in the legal/avails ecosystem – able to find sources of truth and run any report needed. Your analytical skills will give your teammates and leadership the information they need to make sound, actionable business and policy decisions. Your quick responses and ability to anticipate issues will help keep post-production timelines on track. Your optimism and dependability will make you an indispensable part of a growing team.
• Perform initial rights-in research for Special Projects and Original content, based on territory intent and platform distribution for all content types: movies, trailers/clips, bonus, and episodic
• Execute rights-in gathering process by sending requests to various legal teams, following up on requests, and flagging any issues or delays to the Manager
• Keep accurate reporting and deadlines on outstanding requests
• Enter rights data into Disney+ centralized database – media, music, localization rights
• Coordinate with Sales team and title management on when titles should be offered up to scheduling
• Respond to Marketing/legal requests confirming availability of titles across territories
• Coordinate the clearance of foreign dub/sub rights with for Originals with Disney+ Studios
• Assist Avails team with responding to live-site issues, troubleshooting and JIRA tickets (confirming legal intent and proper Rightsline set-up)
• Assist in analysis of rights, availability and intent for territory launches
• Strong analytical skills, mix of qualitative and quantitative
• Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
• Stakeholder management – including legal and executive
• Excellent Excel skills
• Experience with data hygiene
• Ability to understand and interpret Disney+ business needs and product requirements
• Ability to learn new systems, workflows and databases quickly
• Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
• Previous experience in legal or public policy
• Previous experience with rights management
• Bachelor's Degree