Managing Editor, Sports Betting
Are you a sports betting fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content? Do you know how to engage bettors across the country in ways that drive direct betting action?
RADIO.COM Sports is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Content Producer to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate is a quick-thinking self-starter and resourceful producer with the ability to ignite conversations and inform money-making decisions for the rabid sports betting community. You have a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual bettors will engage with, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and are passionate about producing creative betting content (both traditional game/prop bets and newer forms such as daily fantasy) to build an active audience with unique content marketing. You are on top of all of the latest local sports news, including identifying social/Google trends and breaking news stories, and are constantly looking for engaging betting content that is a fit for the RADIO.COM Sports brand.
• Produce, publish and distribute both original and aggregated/syndicated stories across all RDC Sports platforms, focusing on owned and operated properties like web/app/social
• Ensure all daily content is optimized for search
• Write in a style that is appealing to both die-hard and casual sports bettors-- extensive knowledge of the sports-betting landscape required (impact of player injuries/movement, rules, spreads/odds, parlays, etc.)
• Create content that drives direct CPA conversion, audience growth and engagement, while supporting marketing and sales needs (as needed)
• Understand reporting systems like Google Analytics and how to use data to drive CPA/audience growth
• Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote the content you create, getting it in front of new audiences and partner sites
• Track content and campaigns that are driving toward KPIs
• Strong communication with show producers to identify betting content highlights, big-name guests, and breaking news to turn around content immediately--owning article, video, and social promotion.
• Work closely with sports betting Managing Editor as primary contact on needs, initiatives, and strategies/opportunities
• Also help sports betting Managing Editor with critical duties such as building communication bridges across the local station network, establishing and sticking to brand/voice, innovating new content ideas, brainstorming growth/partnership opportunities, branded content efforts, and managing other content producers (if applicable)
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 3,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
• A Bachelor's Degree is required
• A minimum of 3-5 years of digital content creation experience (minimum of 2 years with sports-betting focus)
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Experience writing all sports-betting content, ranging from straight news/odds to passionate opinion/advice and topical lists--intended to drive direct CPA conversion
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Experience running social accounts, including understanding how to drive engagement/CPA conversion through Facebook and Twitter
• Deep-rooted knowledge of a variety of popular sports, with a focus on football, basketball, and baseball (including CFB/CBB)
• Audio/video editing experience is preferred
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
Administrative Support Workers
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site