VP Consumer Marketing
New York, NY US
Newsletter Strategist (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Newsletter editor to work on our new Pets vertical and other Client Partner projects! The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. We're looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about email and all things BuzzFeed - someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
We'd especially love someone who has worked in the pet space before and has knowledge about the pet world. This is a full-time 6-month project-based role based in our New York office.
• Scope and execute user acquisition strategy for the pets newsletter space to ensure we meet + exceed internal and Amazon / Client Partner KPIs
• Design and work on editorial content for the pets newsletter to ensure audience alignment
• Work closely with our affiliate team to track performance and drive growth with Amazon / Client Partner
• Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeed's culture with a productive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• Have the ability to manage multiple work streams at once
• Understanding of the needs, wants, and desires of dog owners and pet lovers at large
• 1-2 years experience working with email and / or editorial content
• Good grasp of reporting on performance
• Proven organizational and administrative experience
• Have excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail and are proactive and able to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
• Have a positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about the internet
• You have a passion for animals and pets!
• No formal cover letters, please.
• Instead of a cover letter:
• Provide links + examples of your previous work
• Tell us why you want to work at BuzzFeed!
• Attach a resume!