On-Air Service Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Atlanta, GA US
The Ingest Supervisor of Content Origination is responsible for the staff and processes related to media receipt, ingest, and tracking of all short-form and long- form (commercial, promotional, and programming) material for Content Origination Ingest for the legacy Turner Entertainment Networks and the HBO/Cinemax networks. Key focuses include the quality control of material before or upon delivery to ensure accuracy and the recording of live incoming feeds. The Ingest Supervisor is responsible for overseeing quality assurance, communicating with clients, troubleshooting, scheduling staff, coordinating and prioritizing work duties, developing SOP's, as well as standardizing training within the operation. The supervisor participates in day-to-day functions within the operation to fulfill required duties and responsibilities. This position is seen as a leadership role and is expected to make critical on-air decisions to protect the business and viewer experience.
Leadership & Staff Management – 30%
• Provide leadership, guidance, and set positive examples for staff members
• Ability to provide leadership and direction to employees who may not report directly to you
• Work cohesively with Content Ops, BEST Engineering, Content Administration and Sales Operations to execute Brand strategy and resolve problems
• Provides coordination and delegation of daily work assignments and is empowered to make decisions to resolve issues as they arise.
• Supervises staff across 3 shifts as they rotate through the Ingest/Ingest Lead/Feeds/QC/Hot Start positions.
• Responsible for scheduling staff, maintaining equipment through partnership with Engineering and planning the workflows associated with Ingest.
• Interfaces with North American Tech Ops leadership, Engineering and Network Points of Contact.
• Manage disaster recovery efforts and external communition to Senior Leadership
• Communicate with Network clients and partners to resolve any issues identified
• Actively participates in developing positive employee relations.
• Supports the budgetary process and manages staffing needs to include attendance issues.
• Assists with other leadership responsibilities such as hiring and special projects as assigned.
Ingest Workflows Oversight – 30%
• Organization, prioritization, preparation and quality control for ingest of all pre-produced hot starts, transitional elements, short and long-form material and feeds.
• Tracks media in Air Checker, reporting through the NATO Ticketing system and fulfills metrics gathering requirements.
• Manages the deletion process and performs purges for all networks due to client requests.
• Oversees coordinated media removal from on-air playlists across NGMC.
• Preparation and setup of related Amberfin, DDR and/or server devices as required.
Staff Development – 20%
• Coaches, mentors and trains staff across 3 shifts scheduled in the Ingest Lead role, participates in employee reviews, and provides scheduling and shift backfill when necessary.
• Working with Content Origination managers and Human Resources, provide staff coaching and progressive discipline when applicable
• Demonstrates working knowledge of all SOPs as well as familiarity with company policy and procedures.
• Provide team with workflow updates and solicit their feedback on future areas for improvement
• Identifies and oversees training initiatives for staff members.
• Participates in the development of new workflow processes and procedures.
• Manage interview and selection processes to fill Coordinator and Sr Coordinator openings.
Oversight of Technical Resources and Procedures – 20%
• Serves as liaison with Engineering. Troubleshoots and identifies equipment issues and concerns with follow-through on resolution.
• Provide direction and prioritization for development efforts of new software and applications.
• Manages material and media in the archive system for all Networks.
• Participates in training staff on new equipment and processes and seeks to identify ways of streamlining a more efficient operation.
• Documents procedures, develops and writes Standard Operating Procedure manuals.
• Resolve all tickets regarding issues with equipment, schedules, media, or on-air disruptions.
• Minimum 3 yr. experience in an Operations or similar media/IT environment.
• Windows and other business-related software.
• Broadcast Automation, Switchers, Graphic Devices, Media Storage, and other broadcast technology.
• Minimum 2 years' experience shift leading or supervising people.
• Automation and/or software playlist experience desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively, work under stress and perform as part of a team.
• Experience coaching and developing people.
• Experience managing personnel, projects and deliverables in a matrixed environment.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Accredited Broadcast – technical School Degree (minimum).
• Some College Experience – emphasis in Communications, Broadcasting or Technology.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands