Sr Financial Analyst, Advertising Revenue
New York, NY US
DSS is seeking a Senior Manager that will be part of the team responsible for analytics of both the domestic and international Disney+ service. Candidates will need to distill business trends and performance indicators into decisions that drive content and marketing investment. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, implementing free trial sign-up promotions, analyzing trends and factors influencing conversion rates, and churn. The role will include thinking about factors around resource allocations around the globe which consider which countries should have heavier investment versus less.
KPI trend analysis and Forecasts for reporting will aim to provide operational teams and executive management a snapshot into expected financial performance, and how that might change with various content moves. but will also serve as the basis for ad hoc scenario analysis. Successful analysis will also require collaboration across multiple cross functional teams, as well synthesizing insights from data to identify the appropriate narrative for both financial and non-financial audiences.
The pace and cadence for change at DSS necessitates an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and work with speed.
• Understand the drivers of split of organic/paid, conversion rates, churn and blended CPA
• Develop sensitivity analysis on subscriber forecasts with respect to business developments to drive better understanding of financial impact
• Collaborate across the finance team to ensure alignment on key assumptions and understanding of KPIs
• Develop performance dashboards and compare DTC services within the portfolio of DTCI
• Gain familiarity across all the financial planning models for the streaming service, including forecasts around content, technology and paid marketing spend to provide a fulsome perspective on all levers of the business
• 6+ years of relevant work experience with DTC
• Experience in investment banking/consulting highly preferred
• Excellent modelling skills with a special talent to defend model assumptions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
• Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
• Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
• Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Mathematics
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site