Summer Intern - TV Station
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
As a part of our commitment to community service and educational enrichment, ABC 7 - DC News in Rosslyn, VA offers a limited number of highly-sought unpaid internships aimed at providing a springboard for college students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television and human resources. These internships are offered to selected participants currently enrolled institutions of higher learning. Student interns will experience all phases of a major market television station's day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum.
• Creative Services/Promotions
• General News
• Good Morning Washington
• Government Matters
• Investigative News
• Web Operations
ABC 7 - DC News internships are made available to juniors and senior registered in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university. Graduate students and students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered. Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques or some similar related area. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience.
You must be:
• A current college student who boasts a strong academic record
• Able to receive college credit for this internship
• A responsible professional who has prior internship and/or work experience
• A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
• A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadline
• Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will do our best to work with your schedule
You must submit the following:
• Two letters of recommendation
• Copy of your academic transcript
• Cover letter/Brief Statement of Intent - Please include answers to the following questions:
1) Which internship area are you interested in?
2) Why are you interested in working with ABC 7?
3) What are your career goals?
If interested in working with Good Morning Washington: In addition to general requirements, candidate must be able to work early mornings
If interested in Entertainment: In addition to general requirements, candidate must be familiar with writing scripts and making banners. Must also have knowledge of social media platforms and be able to stay on top of celebrity news and what's trending. Knowledge of ENPS is a plus.
If interested in Web Operations: In addition to general requirements, candidate must have excellent writing skills. Experience with web content, video editing or content management systems is a plus, but not required.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be attached to your online application.
What comes next?
After your information is received, you will be told whether or not you have advanced to the next stage of the application process. It is imperative that your initial application package is complete and your information is correct when submitting it for review. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!