Senior Software Engineer - Java Team
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service, with over 192+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries. We still have tremendous growth opportunities ahead, and our Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform plays a key role in paving our foundation for further growth.
Our IAM use cases will continue to become more complex as we increase investment in Netflix Originals content production ecosystems. Our workforce and partners are global, and they access our information with various patterns from a variety of locations and devices. With security and ease of information access for our fast-paced growth in mind, we realize that the traditional corporate network security perimeter no longer meets our requirements. Instead, we invest in Identity as a perimeter in the open internet, with reliable and strong authentication and authorization service to protect our information. We achieve this by building our Identity service, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) with adaptive rules, and Single Sign-On solution. We are still a nascent team with a lot more to build, with strong focuses on identity lifecycle, access management, a more stunning sign-in experience, and… (you will fill in the blank).
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team to grow our IAM platform. This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to building services from the ground up with security, large scale, high availability, high throughput, and low latency in mind! There are still areas where we have not dived deep and will require you to effectively collaborate and gather requirements from various teams and partners, especially in the Netflix content production rapid growth. You will take ownership of the system design, implementation, partner integration, and rollout strategy.
To learn more about the team, you can watch Building Identity for an Open Perimeter conference talk from our IAM engineers.
• Strong IAM fundamentals - AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accountability), and Identity lifecycle
• In-depth experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, or C++, C#, and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
• Experience building complex distributed systems architecture
• Experience designing and implementing RESTful/gRPC APIs at scale
• Experience building and operating mission-critical systems
• Experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP)
• Excellent written and verbal communication
Nice to have:
• Experience working with authentication and authorization protocols/frameworks (OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML)
• Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment in a Cloud platform
• Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Hive, Presto, Spark, or Cassandra
• Experience with Graph database
• Experience with GraphQL
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site