Universal Music Group
New York, NY
Universal Music Group is looking for a Manager of Marketing to be a part of the Imperial / Casablanca Marketing Team located in New York City, NY who will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with our label departments, artists and managers to develop marketing campaigns and strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the General Manager of Imperial Distribution.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Work with managers, artists and internal teams to create a strong marketing campaign that is engaging fans, raising visibility and driving commercial results
• Act as the marketing lead for specific projects and labels. This includes developing the overall marketing plan, budget, and strategy for the campaign and executing it
• Create weekly updates for the team highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases. Create one-sheets, email blasts as well as ensure that project updates, successes and issues are communicated effectively and efficiently
• Create digital marketing campaign with artists, managers and create innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies including but not limited to Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat
• Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our partners. Also, work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our artist profiles
• Responsibilities will include ensuring that all required deliverables to set up and release records are received. Will include tracking label copy, music assets, artwork, lyrics and all other elements needed to release projects
• Work with finance and marketing partners to route PO’s and invoicing information
• Use Ingrooves and UMG’s diverse information services for insights on projects and for decision making
Bring your VIBE:
• Advanced level artist relations experience in a consumer-focused 3+ years’ experience in music industry marketing.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, must have the ability to write and convey marketing strategies to the teams within the label, as well as to the management and the artist, bringing concepts to life.
• Deep knowledge of all streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Tidal, etc.
• General understanding of Online Advertising, YouTube, Google, and Facebook Analytics.
• Experience with Nielsen, BDS, 3rd party streaming analytics services.
• Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, ad campaigns, build a fan base, etc.
• Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns.
• Must be tech-savvy with a deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends.
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented, and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and deal with high volume situations.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site