Manager, Creative Development & Production
Los Angeles, CA
We are pursuing licensed Publishing because we believe it will drive meaningful engagement with our IP and allow fans to immerse themselves in the worlds and characters of their favorite shows from ''Making of'' books, to comic books, novelizations and more.
This role requires someone to take on the responsibility of managing and executing against a global end-to-end strategy for the publishing category across our portfolio of titles.
What you will do:
• License our IP across all publishing categories
• Be an internal and external champion of the opportunity, vision, pitch and message with regards to our publishing strategy
• Identify upstream requirements (legal, financial, business planning, approvals) and downstream creative approach for the publishing category
• Take a 'creative friendly' approach and ensure appropriate internal stakeholders are involved in key decision-making
• Identify big bet titles and develop go-to-market plans with publishing partners across the globe, leading to strong demand for our books
• Support and implement publishing strategy for growth internationally
• Provide insight and recommendations to Business Affairs teams on purchase negotiations directly related to publishing
• Manage relationships with various Netflix content teams, proactively aligning on publishing strategies for all titles
• Assemble pitch materials and present to target partners
• Source assets and deliver to publishing partners
• Review creative submissions and manage correspondence with partners
What we need from you:
• Demonstrated, 7+ years of relevant experience securing deals in licensed publishing at a reputable entertainment brand or publisher.
• Bachelor's degree or advanced degree (preferred)
• Spanish language skills a plus
• Ability to work with; and innovate in new sales channels and business models
• Robust knowledge of the publishing landscape from ideation around IP through to delivery and consumer experience
• Experience working in international Publishing a plus
• Impeccable contacts and network of stakeholders across the publishing landscape
• Deep engagement competency and ability to work with multiple, disparate stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for Netflix. You can read more about our company culture here
• Comprehensive understanding of the publishing process at an operational level, including recommending formats and understanding trends
• Self-motivated, flexible individual with strong communication and leadership skills
• Combination of creative, big picture strategic thinking and detail oriented operations capabilities
• Able to spearhead and manage delicate conversations with internal and external partners around topics such as talent/creator sensitivities, embargoed material, territory limitations, restrictions on marketing, etc.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site