Lead VFX Generalist
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
• Work with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
• Point person for either a sequence of shots, or defining a “look” being developed,
• Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on difficult shots.
• Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
• Create generic looks for other artists to apply.
• Work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines.
• Independently provide solutions to technical and aesthetic problems, with minimal direction, and can handle the most difficult tasks under intense time pressure.
Education / Experience
• Compositing experience in a feature film or commercial production environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Proven Track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television games.
• Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
• Strong knowledge of Nuke.
• Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color.
• Strong communication skills.
• Can quickly learn new software and techniques.
• Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines, and with minimal supervision.
• Strong sense of composition, color and design.
• Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting.
• Familiarity with using Linux systems
• Previous experience in look development and sequence supervision ideal.
• Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins a plus.
• Python and/or C++ experience a plus.
• Uses a computer keyboard at least 80% of total work time.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site