Position at Industrial Light & Magic
A show Production Manager (“PM”) reports to a project’s VFX Producer. The PM partners with the VFX Producer regarding all aspects of the show’s production: show schedule, bidding/re-bidding, budget, on-going reports, workflow, crewing, organization, communication and – when applicable – client interaction.
• Under direction of VFX Producer, collaborate with CG Talent managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
• In collaboration with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplines and capitalizing on external vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
• Acts as liaison between client side Production team and ILM Production team.
• In collaboration with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
• Partner with Producer in overseeing roles/responsibilities for Productions Coordinators and Production Assistants.
• Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
• Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
• In partnership with VFX Producer, VFX Supervisor, and CG Supervisor, assist in facilitating overall setup of Project (“Show”) pipeline and toolsets.
• Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
• Manage communication between other ILM global sites.
• Act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged.
• Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check Financials to make sure work is on budget.
• Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable.
• Supervise, delegate to, and consult on creation of training plan for Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistant(s).
• Special projects as requested
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• 7 years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology
Required Skills / Competencies
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX. Familiarity with Google Suite is favourable.
• Strong scheduling experience required.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Display previous experience in building strong working relationships
• Strong influencing and partnership skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site