Business Affairs Executive
Tokyo, JP JP
This role is based in Tokyo.
Amazon Studios is the television and movies development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime Video customers.
The Language Producer [Japanese], Originals Localization will report to the Manager, Creative Language Localization, and s/he will be responsible for the primary creative direction of localization for Amazon Originals into Japanese that align with the overall global creative vision. In conjunction with a local network of creatives, s/he will ensure that Amazon's localized product is at the forefront of local talent and translation trends, stylistic preferences, and legal requirements. S/he will define and refine territory style guidelines that exhibit thought leadership in dubbing, subtitling, and audio description. As a leader in the localization industry in Japan s/he will research Japanese trends and partner with the Los Angeles-Based team on overall localization strategy. S/he will also ensure operational directives and global standards are enforced locally. Creative Supervisors in Japan select local talent (e.g. studios, translators, dubbing directors, voice cast) to manage the day-to-day localization. The Language Producer [Japanese] will discover, curate, and monitor the performance of these Creative Supervisors to ensure consistent and superior quality across all deliveries. From time-to-time, s/he will be called on to liaise directly with local star talent / representation to negotiate schedules and pricing, and to be a local advocate and escalation point for Amazon Studios in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable in discussions regarding dubbing and subtitling, as well as end-to-end components of the localization workflow. Predominantly self-directed, s/he will serve as a singular touchpoint between Japan's creative community and the creative and operational direction of Amazon Studios in Los Angeles. The Language Producer [Japanese] may also serve as a liaison for locally produced content to facilitate localization challenges that may arise on outbound Originals.
• Native fluency in Japanese, as well as fluency in English
• 6+ years of experience with a variety of Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows and product types, including movies or series, as a dubbing director / dubbing supervisor / translator / adaptor, or experience working in the local office of a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• 6+ years of experience managing and directing freelance workers, as well as growing and developing creative teams
• Direct experience working across time zones and with global teams internationally
• Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
• Detail oriented with excellent and proactive organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Documented connections with local dubbing studios, translators, adaptors, directors, creative talent, and local unions
• Passion for language and translation/adaptation
• Familiarity with local audiences and customs
• Experience with story and character development
• Knowledge of a wide array of media asset types and transport mechanisms
• Experience with both technical and content metadata organization and submission
• Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site