Manager, Brand Research
Los Angeles, CA US
The Analyst of Audience Insights will work collaboratively with a team of Research professionals to help analyze and report on consumer behavior and consumption associated with HBO MAX. This position will be responsible for regular reporting and tracking for our own brands (including content from HBO, TBS, TNT, and TRU TV), in addition to gathering insights on engagement across the competitive landscape utilizing both internal and external data sources. Analysis and insights will be used to drive key decisions across the company in support of areas including Programming, Strategy, Marketing, Finance, and Distribution.
Candidates for this position should have experience accessing and leveraging large data sets for insights, data visualization skills, familiarity with media analytics, and a strong desire to bring analyses to life in reporting and presentations to help drive overall team objectives.
• Analyze performance of content available on HBO MAX and Warner Media Entertainment digital properties.
• Contribute to regular reporting for platforms overall as well as individual content/content categories, including recurring dashboards and ad hoc reporting.
• Help identify data gaps/inconsistencies ahead of reporting.
• Provide expanded content consumption insights beyond dashboards to help inform strategic decisions around content acquisition, series development, and renewal.
• Leverage external data sources to broaden insights and tracking around performance of HBO and HBO MAX content, including third party demographic, social, and traditional media consumption data.
• Compile competitive analysis utilizing third party data sources to understand consumption across the SVOD landscape.
• Provide analysis to understand user's journey to content consumption within the app.
• Key point of contact for understanding contribution of HBO MAX to overall viewing of HBO Original Content and Theatricals.
• Explore questions from various angles and collaborate with Audience Research and WME Research team members to build compelling presentations and inform other analyses.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred, with 1-2 years work or internship experience at a media company or in a research/data analytics role preferred.
• Candidate should have experience working with large data sets and an understanding of basic statistical analyses.
• Experience with SQL, including query optimization and joining datasets.
• Experience with data visualization tools such including Looker and Tableau; dashboard design and development skills strongly preferred.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills, with ability to create compelling presentations.
• Knowledge of media consumption metrics associated with digital/SVOD/OTT services.
• Awareness of the HBO/HBO MAX competitive set across traditional TV and SVOD.
• Familiarity with traditional media measurement tools (Nielsen, comScore) a plus.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to draw conclusions based on data.