Vice President, Sox Compliance & Srm
New York, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
About the Role:
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Global Digital Finance team. As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the digital business. You’ll have the opportunity to partner with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented team. With your finance and analytical skills, you will advise the team to help drive the success of the business.
Reporting to the Director Finance U.S. Digital, a key focus of this position is to ensure we are resourced appropriately to enable significant customer acquisition while building a business that will provide meaningful profits in the future through ensuring appropriate review and control over expenses. The successful candidate will be able to apply critical thinking skills and financial concepts to modeling, reporting, analysis, planning and strategy, and communicate to senior operational leadership in a manner which encourages action and continued engagement.
The company is dedicated to expanding its Digital success story, and this position will be right in the heart of those efforts.
1. Utilize business priorities and knowledge of direct to consumer products in general to develop appropriate long-range business models including annual customer engagement, revenue and expense targets
2. Identify and execute analysis as we improve ROI and financial rigor around growing marketing, technology and content expenses
3. Monitor financial success against goals and regularly communicate status to senior management
4. Summarize complex data succinctly in a manner useful to senior leadership up to and including the Board of Directors
5. Support the monthly forecast, annual budget and long-range planning processes for the US Digital team. Introduce process improvements and implement financial best practices
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field and 5+ years of work experience. MBA preferred
* Highly proficient with advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point techniques
* Demonstrated ability to construct long-range P&L and cash flow models and perform DCF ROI analyses
* Excellent written and oral communications skills including experience developing presentations for senior leaders (preferably C-suite)
* Ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment with quickly evolving, sometimes ambiguous or uncertain business goals
* Experience with advertising-based business models or subscription-based models, especially in media, is highly desirable
* Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
new york, new york city, nyc, ny