Senior Software Developer - Subscription and Billing
Santa Monica, CA US
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include THE MARVELOUS MRS MAISEL, JACK RYAN, GOLIATH, and THE BOYS. The Amazon Studios team focuses on ensuring we invest in the most promising original content for our customers and invent and implement policies and procedures to protect the investment of Amazon in original content. We are seeking to fill a lead Production Accounting Role to set up and manage original titles during the critical prep stage and to oversee shows during the wrap of production.
This position will support the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production accounting functions and will eventually be responsible for building out the production accounting team. The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Development, Production & Operations, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television and original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
• Serve as main point of contact between multiple original productions and Amazon Studios finance team
• Setting up production accounting systems in order to process payroll and accounts payable prior to assigning full time production accounting staff.
• Take over accounting functions during post and wrap for production.
• Work with production service companies on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Prepare cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations as needed.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting Staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all financial reports, ensure proper reconciliation of accounts, and ensure production's cash flow and payment needs are met.
• Manage production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
• Manage cash flow and funding processes.
• Oversee month end reporting processes.
• Create and drive innovative solutions that will enable the finance org to maintain effective controllership in a high growth business.
This position is located in Santa Monica, California.
• 7+ years production accounting experience as a Lead Accountant or Controller.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead teams effectively across business lines.
• Experience implementing and improving business process and systems.
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: EP Smart Accounting, Vista, Global Vista, PSL+, MediaWeb, Greenslate
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers
• Strong organization and time management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site