New York, NY US
This position is responsible for directing day-to-day strategy and execution of consumer and trade publicity campaigns for live television events, studio television programs, unscripted sports programs and overall department outreach both internally and externally under the supervision of the Senior Vice President. Also responsible for talent relations (athletes and on-air talent) VIP relations, event on-site PR logistics, television production logistics, editing, updating and supporting digital content team.
• Lead campaigns with the Sports Communications team including creation (writing, editing) and dissemination of primary publicity elements (news releases, bios, photography, video assets)
• Develop and deliver creative, results-driven campaigns with messaging that resonates with network subscribers, PPV buyers, affiliates and sports fans.
• Oversee that messaging thread through marketing campaigns, digital initiatives, Creative Services product and live production teams.
• Act as liaison between marketing, digital, production, on-air talent and athletes, managers, event promoters, organizers, etc.
• Execute multiple publicity campaigns simultaneously for SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING, ShoBox: The New Generation, INSIDE THE NFL, and various unscripted sports programs.
• Develop and cultivate relationships with media sources, key reporters, producers, columnists, including developing new relationships with journalists at leading news, pop culture and sports outlets.
• Fulfill press requests including arrange interviews, pitch story ideas, acquire editorial placement.
• Coordinate event logistics: production, staff and vendor logistics at boxing events, on-location television shoots, public events and press conferences.
• Write, edit and disseminate internal and external communications (event announcement, messaging details, etc.)
• Prefer minimum of four years of college experience with degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related discipline. Minimum five years of progressive experience in public relations, communications or sports /internship and/or employment
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent oral communications skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented department
• Ability to adapt to changing situations & environments (i.e. last minute changes to live television show, event logistics, fight card; business travel both nationally and internationally)
• Creativity - identify unique and newsworthy situations indigenous to each event/athlete
• Prioritization - ability to work on multiple tasks for multiple events simultaneously
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site