VP, Global Brand Strategy and Marketing
Universal City, CA
The President of International Marketing is responsible for all aspects of Universal Pictures' international marketing campaign efforts for our films. Responsibilities include: Strategic Positioning, Creative Advertising, Research, Media, Publicity, Promotions and Digital.
• Reporting to the President of Global Marketing and operating in partnership with the President of Domestic Marketing and the President of International Distribution, own all picture-specific marketing efforts outside of the U.S. and Canada for Universal Pictures including: film positioning, picture marketing plans and strategy, market research, and digital and interactive initiatives, all in conjunction with key leadership across the studio.
• Interact directly with and provide direction to territory MDs and Marketing Directors to share best practices globally to maximize worldwide performance of films.
• Provide strategic direction and ensure effective execution of marketing plans on international, regional and local territory levels to sustain Universal's position as a dynamic market leader globally.
• Guide existing efforts as related to media planning, digital and social marketing efforts, publicity, promotions, and creative services (teasers, trailers, TV spots, print).
• Identify and implement emergent research methodologies and data technologies to add tangible value - i.e., optimize strategy, targeting, messaging and marketing spend.
• Participate in the development and greenlight decision process related to new prospective projects and provide input as needed throughout the filmmaking process.
• Serve as primary representative for international marketing with filmmakers and talent.
• Drive the creative of presentations and represent the company as a spokesperson with filmmakers, partners, exhibition, press, and other key stakeholders.
• Work in concert with distribution on exhibition strategy.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, the competitive environment, and developments within relevant partner industries; embrace analytics in the pursuit of results, ensure strategies we have in place are working while there is still an opportunity to course correct.
• Build out the appropriate supporting marketing infrastructures to sustain / support the organization; strive for continual improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
• A minimum of 15 years' experience in international or global entertainment marketing, media, creative advertising, research, or publicity.
• At least 10 years' experience in a leadership capacity.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Feature film marketing experience is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of media and entertainment market dynamics and trends throughout all major territories outside of the United States.
• Proven entrepreneurial leader who can adjust to the ever-changing media environment while maintaining business minded NBCU business culture and policy.
• Dynamic personality who embodies curiosity and has a passion for entertainment content, digital, social media, new technology, art, and pop culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a proven ability to effectively present to senior management and filmmakers, sharing insights, and making recommendations.
• Collaborative leader with the ability to effectively partner with colleagues to influence behavior and outcomes.
• Can thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Bachelors Degree