Manager, FP&A - Participation Ultimates
Burbank, CA US
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Analyst for the Financial Planning & Analysis department. The Financial Planning & Analysis department is responsible for the computation of film costs and preparation of financial statements and analysis for Warner Bros. Filmed Entertainment as submitted to Warner Bros. Senior Management, WarnerMedia and various outside parties. This role supports by-title ultimate calculation and expense accrual functions and financial close related activities. Key responsibilities include: Updates participation models for Management review, including adjustments based on reviews of statements and other financial information, as well as rolling files to facilitate forecast and budget cycle reporting; Performs periodic reviews of participation statements and compares statement results to theatrical and television ultimates as directed by Management; Proposes ultimate adjustments based on statement review; Gathers all necessary documentation to prepare by-title participation ultimate calculations; Records and maintains data in SAP to facilitate system expense costing functions; Prepares journal entries and supporting schedules with complete documentation related to DCE Media Licensing, Group D, and Intercompany related activity; Prepares participation payment trending schedules; Prepares account reconciliations and rollforwards to support accruals and related journal entries; Prepares balance sheet schedules, all supporting schedules, and reclass journal entries; Supports SOX review and control functions; Prepares Ad Hoc analyses and reports as requested by management.
• Responsible for updating ultimate participation calculations for television and feature product.
• Assists with set-up of new ultimate calculations, as needed.
• Gathers supporting documentation to facilitate statement review and propose adjustments to ultimate calculations.
• Exports participation results, once approved, to SAP for actual, budget, and forecast cycles.
• Maintains statement review logs as part of key SOX controls.
• Responsible for printing and coordinating distribution of work papers for management review.
• Runs all supporting detail reports and prepares liability accrual calculations for Group D and DCE Media Licensing titles for actuals, budget, and forecast cycles.
• Prepares and records journal entries as required.
• Prepares Intercompany balance sheet reclass schedules.
• Gathers necessary information from business units to prepare periodic participations trending schedules.
• Records and maintains stat items to facilitate system costing functions.
• Assists with Parts to Advance balance sheet reclass entries, all supporting schedules, and cause of change analysis and documentation.
• Assists in the Analysis of the current ultimates and statements for liability accuracy and investigates material discrepancies.
• Assists in reconciling by-title ledgers to FRB management and financial reports as requested by management.
• Presents completed analysis to management.
• Assists in preparation of ad-hoc analysis as requested by Warner Bros. and WarnerMedia management.
• Handles other special projects as required.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent years of experience required.
• Minimum 3 years experience in an accounting/finance environment required.
• Previous experience in Participations is highly preferred.
• Previous experience in public accounting and/or the entertainment industry preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel required.
• Familiarity with developing & utilizing macros on Excel a plus.
• General knowledge & understanding of accounting principles required.
• SAP or other ERP system experience helpful.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site