International Tax Manager
Warner Music Group
New York, NY US
The FP&A department will provide coordination and support for all analysis groups throughout WMG. The department will partner on a wide array of analysis across all divisions including recorded music/music publishing deals (i.e. A&R, Licensing, JV/Profit Share, Administration, M&A), corporate (i.e. business development), operating performance/delivery tracking, market/competitive analysis, risk management, strategic opportunities and ad-hoc projects as needed.
High Level Job Description: The manager of FP&A will be responsible for supporting ongoing central financial planning and analysis, as well as viewing initiatives through a financial lens in a strategic planning capacity. The broad group is responsible for providing financial and strategic support for all of WMG segments (Corporate, Recorded Music, Music Publishing).
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Assist in developing financial models and strategic assessments to address key business issues, e.g. evaluation of new business models; key deals and post mortem analyses; market analyses; media landscape overviews; programming and content deals; business and operational planning; valuation of internal assets; ROI analyses of WMG's investments in new businesses and technologies, etc.
• Support WMG's global target and budget process, including evaluating global music market forecasts by territory, quantifying investment opportunities and returns, accounting for financial impact of various operational events/decisions, and project managing process deadlines and deliverables
• Support central financial operations, including current fiscal year delivery plan, internal cost and margin analysis, and multi-year internal financial models
• Act as liaison between various departments for cross-functional projects
• Provide ad hoc analyses and presentations for senior management
• Provide support for CEO/CFO, board presentations, valuations, etc.
• Assist in approval process of affiliate deals, including preparation and submission of transaction summaries
• Support the development and updates to performance dashboards and management reporting tools
• Prepare ad hoc reports and ongoing analyses to understand key drivers and variances across all business units' operations
• Liaise affiliates to provide project management support, including conducting analyses and preparing presentation materials
• Strong understanding of finance and cash flow concepts/principles in conjunction with excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to identify and solve problems; critical thinking skills
• Sophisticated financial modeling skills and PowerPoint/presentation skills; ability to create new models as well as 'refresh' existing financial models
• Ability to deliver value added analyses to senior management
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate with senior level management team
• Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and develop
• Ability to work independently as well as to work as part of a team; handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while working with a sense of urgency to meet assigned deadlines
• BA in Finance
• 4-6 years of finance-related experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting, business development, or other analytic role
• Knowledge of music/media industry strong plus
Form Updated: 7/23/2020
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site