WLKY has a Part-time opening for a production Studio Camera/Audio Operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player with strong interpersonal skills that works well under pressure. Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of broadcast production operations.
• Responsible for operation of television cameras for a live broadcast
• Interact with directors, producers and talent & must remain focused at all times
• Will also operate audio console at times, being responsible for all aspects of sound during fast paced newscasts and other projects as needed.
• Operate television studio cameras in a live production setting.
• Operate studio lights and change bulbs.
• Operate Windows-based computer software to prepare video recordings for air.
• Punctual attendance for shifts that can start as early as 4am.
• Work weekends and holidays as necessary, in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
• Experience operating professional video cameras in live production.
• Experience using Windows-based computer software.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of robotic camera operation and audio is highly desirable
• Ability to rapidly respond properly to issues that unexpectedly arise on air is necessary.
• Knowledge of studio lighting.
• Ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
• Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends.
• Must be an effective communicator and team-worker, able to work cooperatively with others, sometimes in stressful situations.
• Ability to follow instructions quickly and accurately, with attention to detail.
• Ability to work from a standing position for a 2-3 hour period.
• College graduates with a communications degree preferred
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Military training and experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site