On Air Talent
Are you a news fanatic with your finger on the pulse of trending digital content?
RADIO.COM is looking for a highly motivated, creative and detail-oriented Senior Content Producer who has the drive to grow an audience online, in app, on websites, and on social and content platforms. You live and breathe news in your local market, and can identify the best moments, viral video, and news to drive social engagement, mobile traffic and video views. You can manage a diverse team to offer best practices for posting on social media, and know how to market content for a digital and national audience.
The ideal candidate can ignite conversations in everything from pop culture to politics. You have a sharp instinct of what readers will engage with and are on top of breaking news, human interest, viral, lifestyle, and entertainment stories, balanced with a commitment to content analytics. You thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and closely follow social/Google trends.
• Produce, publish and distribute both original and syndicated stories across the site's platforms, using best practices in video, SEO, and social sharing/strategy
• Create content that drives site audience growth and engagement, while supporting sales needs, when needed
• Use tools like Google Analytics and Chartbeat, and understand how to use data to drive audience growth
• Edit content created by content producers and manage other content producers in your market by helping them come up with solid news and entertainment news ideas
• Develop and maintain strong industry contacts to promote the content you create, getting it in front of new audiences, including partner sites
• Identifying audio moments originating from radio shows and transforming them into articles and produced video for digital consumption.
• Pitching exclusive, news-making content to the national content team for press distribution and digital syndication.
• Be an effective communicator with strong leadership skills to maintain a healthy working relationship in an open environment across local markets and with all levels of the organization
• Work closely with Regional Lead to ensure top content opportunities are maximized and all regional markets are covered on breaking news
• Work with Ad Sales team on occasion on creation of content for sponsorship packages
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree is required
• Minimum of 3-5 years of digital content creation experience (minimum of one year in managerial role), preferably in breaking news environment
• Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed and stepping in to cover breaking news (news doesn't stop at 5 PM)
• Assist Regional Lead with critical duties such as building communication bridges across the local station network, establishing and sticking to brand/voice, innovating new content ideas, brainstorming growth/partnership opportunities, branded content efforts, and managing other content producers (if applicable)
• Edit Content Producer's articles for accuracy and grammar
• Several years' experience writing news content ranging from straight news to passionate opinion and topical/evergreen lists
• Must have excellent writing skills and the ability to tell engaging stories to engage local and national audiences
• Strong self-editing skills with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and design layout
• Proven ability to grow a website audience, video streams, and social media reach/engagement
• Ability to post an engaging headline, article text and video with instant turn-around
• Understanding of key digital media KPIs (MAUs, ComScore) and have produced results in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to own the news cycle to make judgments and react instantaneously and independently to key breaking/viral opportunities
• Audio/video editing experience is a plus
• Strong SEO knowledge and expertise
• Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
• Basic MS Office skills are required. Other systems you should have working knowledge of include: Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Slack, Dataminr, Crowdtangle, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
• The responsibilities, duties and skills listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
To be considered for this position, please submit writing samples along with your resume.
RADIO.COM is Entercom's integrated digital platform where consumers discover and connect live with premium, curated content powered by over 235 highly rated, locally programmed radio stations and their websites, over 3,000 podcasts, audio on demand, and exclusive content across entertainment, music, news and sports. RADIO.COM offers anytime, anywhere access through our mobile app and website, home listening devices including Amazon Alexa, Echo and FireTV, Control4, Cortana, Google Home, Play and Chromecast, Grace Digital, Roku, and Sonos, as well as automotive dashboards and game consoles.
RADIO.COM is part of Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company, and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S.
Administrative Support Workers
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site