Software Developer - Backend
Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Our combined Hulu and Disney team is looking for hardworking team-players to join the Disney+ Customer Experience team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
Hulu’s Discovery Research team is seeking a (Senior) Researcher who will be an exceptional addition to our Research team. As a (Senior) Researcher at Hulu, you will use your expertise and capability to drive and improve Hulu recommendation performance and content operation efficiency through algorithm models or design new solutions. The right person for this role needs to have a strong background in any of machine learning, mathematical modeling, deep learning, reinforcement learning or related fields, and is knowledgeable in big data and algorithm design. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Study on personalization and content delivering strategy, taking care of new content and cold content warming up process and solve user engagement problems in different lifecycle stages , etc.
• Design and optimize recommendation algorithm models to improve user engagement metrics and improve content operation efficiency.
• Collaborate with program managers, and software developers in an open, creative environment.
WHAT TO BRING
• Working experience on recommendation and personalization optimization
• Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
• Solid background in any of the following areas: Reinforcement learning, deep learning, machine learning, mathematical modeling, etc.
• Publication in top level conferences is a major plus.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English is required.