Senior Project Manager
New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. We're seeking talent across disciplines to join our team. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
Software Engineers at Disney Streaming Services develop premium digital media products for Major League Baseball and our partners. The products we build, such as ESPN+, Disney+, MLB.TV and NHL.TV, are paving the way for the next-generation media and sport technologies. Our Engineering team for Disney Streaming Services is headquartered in the Chelsea area of New York City. Other office locations also include the SoMo area of San Francisco, CA and several international locations.
The adtech team is responsible for ad insertion, user experience, efficiency optimizations, and dynamic decisioning in near real-time using public cloud and open source technologies.
If you are interested in joining Disney Streaming Services in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you.
• Collaborate with product teams, and other engineering teams to design and build state-of-the art solutions.
• Design, build and deploy large scale services capable of processing millions of requests quickly, correctly and reliably.
• Integrate with a variety of services in the Disney Streaming Services media delivery ecosystem.
• Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation.
• Lead a significant part of the infrastructure automation implementation and deployment of services within your team.
• Coach engineers around best practices and technical concepts of building large scale distributed, performant and reliable services.
• Work on challenging and problems across varied business domains, including advertising, media delivery, and dynamic decisioning.
• Apply principled engineering practices including unit testing, integration testing, and continuous integration and, by your example, lead others in your team to do likewise.
• Collaborate with SRE and other teams on innovation in areas of elasticity, reliability, observability, etc.
• Develop your technical skills further keeping you up to date with new DevOps technologies and working with partners on a Global scale.
• On-going learning, continuous skills development, and innovation in the areas of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, automated and repeatable development processes, and operations.
• 5+ years of DevOps experience
• Experience deploying and running AWS-based solutions and familiar with tools such as CloudFormation, CloudWatch, IAM, Kinesis, S3, EC2, ECS, S3, Route53, Elasticache, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc.) or an equivalent cloud provider
• Experience or understanding of managing infrastructure as code using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
• Unix/Linux OS administration and configuration
• Experience with software development and a good understanding of any of the following languages - Python, Ruby, Go, Groovy
• Knowledge of build servers and CI/CD - e.g. Hudson, Jenkins, Drone etc.
• Demonstrable experience with at least one configuration management tool e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible
• Experience in building and deploying one or more of the following types of applications, e.g. Scala, Go, .NET, Java, Erlang
• Demonstrable understanding of high-quality software development and testing practices.
• Experience designing, building, and operating large scale services, solving problems including performance, scalability, reliability, observability, efficiency, cost management, etc.
• Experience with containerization, container management, and cluster management, e.g. Apache Mesos/Marathon, DC/OS, Kubernetes, Docker, ECS,etc.
• Experience with distributed system administration and operations, e.g. Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, etc.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site