Senior Technical Engineer
New York, NY
The Senior Technical Engineer position will provide hardware and software support for mission critical computer and technical systems required for the broadcast of live and pre-taped events.
The position requires a solid technical IT background to maintain on-air operations of server-based digital video and audio control systems, graphics and non-linear editing systems, automation systems and their associated software and hardware infrastructure, as well as the engineering, design, implementation, and maintenance of IT systems.
Knowledge of network administration- routers/switches, subnetting, VLAN's
• Interface with business stakeholders to identify requirements and recommend and engineer solutions to fit business needs.
• Assume leadership function to oversee the technical operations of marquee events (Super Bowl, Final Four, etc).
• Interface with users, Engineers and Television Broadcast Maintenance personnel to install, configure and debug broadcast applications and systems.
• Ability to work independently to quickly troubleshoot and isolate problems within a fast paced on-air environment.
Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Able to follow directions and think independently when required.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
• Experience required with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and Win7/8/10 operating systems
• Knowledgeable on industry cabling standards such as fiber, coax, Cat5/6
• Working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Linux
• Understanding of SQL, Signiant/Aspera, ENPS, and ENCO, highly desirable.
• Understanding of live production- from both studio and remote perspectives is desirable.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of Audio, Video, Control Systems, RF, Fiber-Optics, and MPEG broadcast distribution systems preferred
• Must be able to generate and update system documentation.
• Must be able to conform to ViacomCBS security policies, initiatives, and compliance reporting.
• Must be able to work calmly under extremely high pressure situations.
• Required travel approximately 20%.
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other advanced technical degree or five to ten years' equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience working in IT or broadcast engineering field.
• Cisco CCNA desirable.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site