Principal, Creative Development, Advanced Research
New York, NY
The Video Platform Engineering team is looking to hire a Senior Technical Project Manager for Disney Streaming Services. The Senior TPM will be working with the Video Platform Engineering team.
As a Senior Technical Project Manager in the Video Platform Engineering teams, you'll be responsible for partnering with Program and Engineering managers who are developing the video experiences for the Disney+ platform. You'll also function as the interface between Product and other Engineering teams, participating in coordination, alignment, road mapping, and the overall seamless delivery of best-in-class consumer applications.
• Develop and maintain a project plan in order to deliver best-in-class software through the SDLC
• Execute on several projects concurrently, with a remote & distributed team, while balancing competing priorities
• Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams while serving directly as the end-to-end liaison
• Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines
• Facilitate and solidify project processes by creating, managing, and updating documentation
• Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, updates, and risks
• Identify solution paths for competing requirements while managing stakeholder preferences
• Demonstrate product knowledge, and facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities and limitations
• Taking initiative and proactively find ways to remove barriers to move a project forward.
• Constantly seeking ways to improve at every iteration, making suggestions for improvement
• Promoting team synergy among project team members, and foster transparent communication
• 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager leading complex media, technology or product launches in the consumer software industry.
• You have direct engineering experience. C++ experience is highly desirable and strongly recommended.
• In-depth knowledge and experience running a consumer application development project through the entire SDLC
• Experience managing large teams on complex high-profile projects, and are viewed as the ''go-to'' individual
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
• Possess a strong understanding of application development, API transactions, and repository processes.
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Strong knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
• Experience working with remote and global teams
• Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
• Experience using JIRA Confluence, and GitHub.
• Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
• You are intently focused on the delivery of quality software, regardless of the challenges
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site