Senior Technical Program Manager, Direct Commerce
New York, NY US
Our team of Technical Program Managers works closely with payment providers and cross-department stakeholders to deliver purchase capabilities across HBO Max streaming platforms. We improve the customer journey by scaling payment integrations and promotions to support HBO Max subscriber usage, growth goals and international expansion.
As a Technical Program Manager on the Commerce team, you will lead integration teams to deliver a seamless and frictionless sign up experience that optimizes recurring payments and improves both acquisition and retention. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, experience design, product development, business, legal, finance, etc. to establish goals and milestones that align with the development team roadmap.
• Organize and drive features that deliver reliable payment and recurring billing experiences
• Guide development teams to deliver platform capabilities that are in line with roadmap and program goals / KPIs
• Work with development teams to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur.
• Communicate how product-level goals fit into, and are influenced by, larger divisional goals, and how the team's work impacts the success or failure of the division.
• Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on external development teams.
• Create problem statements and move from those to appropriate and data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders.
• 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager working across multiple technical projects.
• Ability to function effectively and consistently when faced with frequently changing and sometimes ambiguous goals.
• Ability to drive definition of project scope, develop detailed project plans and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational and business requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation and problem resolution in a cross-functional team.
• Strong understanding and experience with development methodologies, including waterfall and agile.
• Ability to learn new development tools and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to translate complex technical solutions and features into intuitive business concepts.
• Strong business acumen that balances strategic initiatives and engineering needs.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience working in direct credit card payments, third party payment platforms, app stores, wallet integrations, direct carrier billing and product experiences in subscription based business models.
• Media or entertainment industry experience is a plus.
• Proven track record delivering high priority projects, requiring trade-offs and negotiations with partners and stakeholders (i.e. Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, etc.)
• HBO exclusive events
• Paid time off to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands