Senior Manager, Strategy and Business Operations
Santa Monica, CA US
Hulu’s Data Insights team is seeking a Senior Data Analyst who will be an outstanding addition to our team. The team partners with other teams across the business to turn data into information, information into insights and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right person for this role thrives in a fast-pace environment, loves problem-solving and is a good communicator. If you are someone who gains personal happiness from transforming data into knowledge for business insights, then this is a phenomenal role for you.
You will design innovative analytic approaches to test hypotheses, extract actionable insights by identifying patterns in structured and unstructured data, and develop recommendations to drive business performance. You will be instrumental in leading the use of analytics as a critical value driver across our organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build analysis, data visualizations, and multi-functional reporting that provides critical support to the operations and decision-making of the organization
• Facilitate the analytical needs of the business, collaborate in the design of diagnostic solutions, and deliver outstanding data products and insights
• Act as a liaison between business units & data engineering to drive key operational metrics for enabling business success and value-addition within the data & analytics domain
• Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
• Translate business functional requirements into technical specifications and, conversely, technical approaches into easily digestible terms
• Develop and foster positive relationships and transparent dialogue with the business community and data colleagues
• Provide analytics expertise to key business partners regarding data & analytics questions
• Support business units, data teams and product/program management with process improvements for optimized delivery of diverse data requests
• Take personal accountability for delivery of projects and committed timelines
• Support business partners in adopting reporting solutions and business intelligence tools for self-service
WHAT TO BRING
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.
• 4+ years of experience as an analyst in a data and analytics domain
• Excellent SQL skills for complex querying, analysis, performance optimization, and persisting data
• Excellent data visualization skills with tools like Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy, etc.
• Experience working in a “big-data” environment (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
• Experience demonstrating analytical concepts to craft an actionable story for technical and non-technical audiences
• Familiarity with data science programming languages like R, SAS, and Python
• Familiarity working with web analytics tools (particularly: Google Analytics, Google Search Council, etc.)
• Understanding of data warehousing concepts, design, modeling and data engineering
• Experience taking vague requirements and transforming them into crisp insights
• Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower, passionate pursuit of analytics driven insights
• Demonstrable ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and technical colleagues
• We desire the ability to identify and appropriately call out issues to leadership
• We would prefer strong motivation and ability to work independently
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Effective presentation skills across a diverse audience