Software Developer - Core Services
Santa Monica, CA US
Hulu's Subscription Lifecycle Organization is seeking an Architect who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The organization is responsible for the subscription platform that enables interaction of our subscribers and partners with Hulu. The right person for this role is enthusiastic about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to challenging problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Drive the architecture roadmap of the Subscription Lifecycle organization in close collaboration with development, product and other teams based on future product vision and to increase organizational efficiency.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
• Help development teams in designing robust and scalable services and offline processing pipelines.
• Evaluate and provide feedback on team architecture artifacts in the context of the architectural roadmap.
• Identify risks and propose mitigation strategies.
• Use a mix of technologies including Java, Python, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, AWS, NoSQL datastores.
• Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them.
• Develop technology standards and support their adoption.
• Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
• 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
• Phenomenal communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
• Enthusiasm for driving consensus across multiple teams, roles and levels in the organization
• Extensive experience building highly scalable, loosely coupled, reliable and maintainable services
• Quality-first mentality with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
• Track record of successful implementation experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms
• Knowledge of architectural patterns
• Experience in a cross-team and architecture focused role
• Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
• Experience with Apache Kafka or other messaging providers
• Familiarity with domain driven design