Omaha, NE US
KETV has an opening for a
part-time experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations
Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals
and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician
will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department,
as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports
all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate studio cameras and occasionally, remote cameras
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control and audio)
• Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager
• Prior experience in broadcast news production, technical school or college technical classes preferred, but not required.
• Related military experience will be considered
• Must have a ''can do'' attitude and a passion for excellence
• Must have flexibility to work various days and shirts as assigned regularly including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to work effectively with other team members
• Must have ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure
• Must be able to multi-task accurately
• Must be able to follow instructions, verbal and written
• College Degree preferred but not required
• Military training and experience will be considered