Senior Royalty Analyst
About Sony Music Entertainment
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We've played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We've nurtured some of music's most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we're committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
The Senior Metadata Analyst, Central Repertoire and Metadata Group will report directly into Manager of Central Repertoire and Metadata Group.
The Senior Metadata Analyst, Central Repertoire and Metadata Support Group responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Support SME Labels in creating, maintaining and policing ''Best in Class'' Metadata
• Provide professional support for client's corporate metadata systems
• Coordination with Business Production Outsourcing engagement to ensure effective and efficient delivery
• Work with colleagues across ES & SONY organization, to identify best practices and process improvements
• Generating and analyze complex and detailed system and ad-hoc reports to support high data quality
• Coordinate with IT and other departments to define scope and document requirements for system improvements; Recommend controls by identifying problems and establish improved procedures
• Proactively identify strategic opportunities and address them in a cross consumer fashion.
• Establish and manage project plans ensuring project progress, resolving problems, and utilize escalation process where necessary
• Establish an expertise in corporate systems that impact but are not directly related to the wider group
• Address special projects as they arise and assess underlying needs
Job Specific Competencies:
• Minimum of 2 years related experience required
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks a must
• Ability to conceptualize and formalize business and technical requirements
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Ability to handle multiple reporting structures
• Prior experience with Royalty Systems and/or Sales Systems is a plus
What does it take to be successful in this role?
• Detail oriented individual with strong organizational skills
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time productivity
• Ability to analyze and review information from several different sources (corporate systems)
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Capable of working independently, as well as in a team environment
• Excellent leadership skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site