Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - Nordics & Benelux
Amsterdam, NH NL
Netflix launched in Europe in 2012 and opened its Amsterdam office in 2013. Today, the office counts ~400 employees. As one of our first international markets and offices, the region and the team continue to play a vital role in our ongoing expansion internationally.
As Netflix continues to grow across the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) footprint, the Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Manager to lead Strategic and Financial Analysis for our local content initiative. The Content Strategy & Analysis team develops strategic insights to further the company's global content efforts and is primarily responsible for deal valuation, programming strategy and analytics, competitive analysis and user behavioral analysis.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Netflix's Amsterdam office.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects (i.e., greenlight models) in partnership with the EMEA Creative, Business Affairs and Content Acquisition teams
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
• Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Develop and manage associate(s) on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• 6-9 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 1-4 years post-MBA experience
• Passion for entertainment, especially European content strongly preferred
• Strong communication/presentation skills with track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks on the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company.
• Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages.
• Prior media experience is a plus though not required
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA a plus but not required.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site