Audience Development Director
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, EN GB
The analyst role is crucial to the success of the internal digital media function, requiring the ideal candidate to be detail-oriented, analytical and with an interest in the ad technology marketplace, to support the team in their evolution of data driven planning and buying.
Candidates should have advanced experience in excel and be comfortable in basic data analysis, cleansing and visualisation. The role will entail developing new tools and systems to continue the development of the team and as such should be comfortable working with groups to understand their needs and how to build and deliver a finalised product.
You will be responsible for managing the monthly booking platform as well as working across all campaigns to measure and benchmark performance alongside financial reporting for all digital media spend.
Universal Music has invested in both licence and proprietary measurement platforms so candidates must be comfortable learning new technologies and adapting ways of working to new environments, and KPIs.
Skills & Experience
Be Strategic and data savvy
• Work closely with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to develop new tools which will improve efficiency of reporting, campaign set up and planning
• Use data to solve our ongoing business challenges, outside of just media
• Report on media performance and demonstrate how this ties back to business objectives
• Be comfortable reporting back and analysing financial data to internal and external stakeholders
• Work across buyers and planners to ensure correct tracking is in place and troubleshoot any issues
• Maintain and develop reporting dashboard
• Have a strong core understanding of media metrics and experience sharing this back in a clear concise way
• Be comfortable in all supplier reporting platforms to extract new insights from each tech stack
• Develop a thorough understanding of UMG’s first-party data, to continue the strategic development of how we use 1st party data across campaigns with a view to integrating this into our current best practises
• Service Planning team and clients to help solve marketing challenges through data insights/results.
• Work closely with other centralised teams from CRM to Retail to Insights to Data Science to evolve the delivery of the FUSED team
• Collaborating with colleagues within UMG across data, analytics, media and technology, as well as external agencies / vendors to improve digital operations and performance
• Support FUSED team with detailed analysis of media campaigns
• A proven track record working on a digital marketing / analytics team within a fast-paced environment
• Analytical thinking abilities, with a problem-solving mindset and knowledge of testing methodologies
• Exposure to methods of digital data management and keen understanding of the digital ecosystem and advertising technologies
• Ability to influence and challenge, and to work constructively with colleagues from diverse disciplines
• Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
• Experience of cross-departmental collaboration to quickly identify and resolve campaign issues
• Advanced Excel skills
• Experience in ad operations and trafficking campaigns
• Exposure to media planning
• Experience with data visualisation tools and web-based dashboards
• SQL basic knowledge (an ideal)
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.