Lead Engineer - Data Science
New York, NY US
Media Platforms is looking for a Principal Engineer to ramp up the development velocity supporting the modernization of our Media Platforms Payments System. At Media Platforms, our technology, tools, services and solutions touch hundreds of millions of lives by driving experiences, and growing businesses. Our team of engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers build a suite of products to lead the way in shaping and managing the future of publishing. Click here to learn more about our teams and the brands that we serve.
What You'll Do
• Upgrade our payment application to ensure seamless and market-leading payment capabilities through a holistic platform that supports 500M+ subscribers.
• Take the initial payment app functionality to the next level, ensuring that it has secure coding practices around it.
• Make the payments system highly available and scalable as we increase payments transactions volume from offer campaigns, content gate conversions, in-ad purchases, metered content, etc.
• Add new features to an existing application that manages payments for other publishers as well as for our consumers who are subscribed to some of our products. The addition of new features will move media/content creation delivery and revenue forward in unique ways.
• Take on complex programming as an engineering leader, while also dabbling in some architecture.
• You will work with a tech stack that includes GitHub, Nexus, Python, Jenkins, Webpack, Cloud Formation, Serverless Framework and Data Dog, along with AWS.
Who You Are
• You have experience using React integrated via APIs to secure back-end applications.
• You have experience with Java/Spring.
• You have experience building secure applications using best practices around secure data models, including handling sensitive data, encryption, and storage.
• You have experience developing solutions with a security-first mindset that includes vulnerability scanning, encryption, key lifecycle management, and anomaly detection.
• You are willing to roll up your sleeves to take the project to the next level and drive the best coding practices to produce better results.
• You understand how to develop on a client-facing front-end browser.
• You are comfortable working with a CI/CD and deployment process, especially for builds making heavy use of front-end tech like React, and you may have an interest to work more with container tech such as Docker, Kubernetes, EKS and EC.
• You may have experience in the payment industry.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site