Senior Software Engineer
Los Gatos, CA US
Are you passionate about building greenfield Computer Vision infrastructure that can power Netflix asset generation and personalization models? At Netflix, we strive to entertain and to bring joy to people across the world through amazing stories. With a catalog spanning thousands of original titles and a diverse member base spanning 193 million members, generating assets (artwork, trailers etc.) in an efficient fashion along with recommending the right assets for each member is crucial.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build our Computer Vision infrastructure that will be used to power our asset generation and personalization algorithms. You will be working closely with ML researchers, product managers and engineers in the Personalization and Recommendations domain to help them scale their offline explorations and productization efforts. This role will allow you to gain intimate knowledge of Netflix Personalization, while working for a unique and pioneering company that is redefining how content is consumed globally.
Here are some examples of the types of things you would work on:
• Build infrastructure to access different types of assets such as artwork, video, audio, subtitles etc. in an efficient and secure manner.
• Build a greenfield Computer Vision infrastructure that can be leveraged for feature extraction and sharing across pipelines, model training & fine-tuning, metrics computation and model deployment.
• Work closely with ML researchers who would use the infrastructure to transform our raw video sources into a diverse set of assets such as artwork, trailers etc.
• Integrate with Netflix's Archer and Titus platforms for both training and inference needs.
• Optimize infrastructure using multi-node GPUs to accelerate innovation on compute intensive CV models.
To learn more, here are some relevant blog posts:
• Netflix ML Platform Research website
• Extracting Contextual Information from Video Assets
• Artwork Producer Assistant
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• Strong experience with Python and/or C++
• Experience building large scale Machine Learning Infrastructure
• Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Even better if you have any or all of
• Familiarity with Multimedia and/or CV systems
• Experience in the Personalization/Recommendation domain
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS
You can learn more about Netflix's culture of Freedom and Responsibility, that presents an opportunity to work with some of the best and the brightest, allowing you to make a difference to our business in a meaningful way.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site