Digital Business Affairs Manager
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, EN GB
The role is dealing with legal and contractual matters and providing contract management services and general administrative/support functions to the Legal and Business Affairs department in respect of all UMPG companies and repertoire.
Skills & Experience
• Maintaining the department Options Diaries, the Advances schedule and other contract management documentation and systems.
• Preparing and maintaining the RADAR documents (including Top Earners, Main Radar & UPPM)
• Monitoring, tracking and communicating contractual fulfilments, including all matters related to product releases.
• Dealing with all matters relating to the take up of options, deal extensions and expiries.
• Drafting and issuing side letters and contractual amendments.
• Leading the Option meeting process including preparing for and attending Options meetings and dealing with action points identified in options meetings.
• Preparing for and attending the UK Administration meetings including royalty close meetings and quarterly royalty payment reviews.
• Processing signed paperwork.
• Informing Licensing Department of required contractual clearances and consents.
• Dealing with reduced / gratis rate mechanical licensing requests.
• Dealing with general contract and admin (PM/non-PM) queries (phone, email etc).
• Answering contractual queries from internal departments and third parties in relation to all UMPG executed agreements and licences.
• Instructing and/or assisting the UK and International Copyright and Admin team on reversion, protection of copyright and duplicate copyright claims in respect of UMPG UK catalogue worldwide.
• Managing relationships with UMPG stakeholders (internally and externally) and third party licensees.
• Working with the Business Affairs Assistant as required and providing cover as required.
• Other ad-hoc duties that may arise.
• Educated to degree standard (or equivalent)
• Experience in dealing with commercial contracts
• Experience in dealing with, and an understanding of, intellectual property
• Confident in with liaising with/presenting to senior management
• Excellent written skills and knowledge of grammar
• Previous experience of ‘high-volume’ administrative duties in a high pressured office environment
• Ability to prioritise workload independently and make decisions quickly
• Professional telephone manner
• Able to deal with queries effectively
• Time management skills and personal organisation – following tasks through to completion
• Good understanding of office IT (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Personality/character - Team player; highly organised; methodical; initiative / self motivated; professional; flexible, ability to work calmly under pressure
• Previous experience of drafting legal documentation
• Ability to make analytical commercial decisions on deals
• Experience working in a copyright/royalties/synch/licensing department
• Business Affairs / legal experience
• Media / Music industry experience
• An interest in music
• Ability to introduce & develop new methods of working
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.